Submission of abstracts for the 8th WoCoVA is closed.
There are several key topics at the 8th WoCoVA, in which the abstracts can fit; Click here to view the Abstract Topics
We received 182 abstracts and they are under review at the moment by the scientific committee of WoCoVA.
Abstract Submission deadline: Saturday 13 January 2024
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via de website only. Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for oral (10 minutes presentation) or e-poster presentation (The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation or e-poster).
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline (13 January 2024) will not be considered.
- The same person may submit up to 4 abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 4 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the latest 10 March 2024 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Congress publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Previously presented / Published policy: Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other prior meeting. If, however, the abstract to be presented is on a topic you have used before, but now have developed a new poster or presentation with a varied viewpoint (or focused on a different aspect of the research) then you are welcome to submit the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Disclosure of ‘Conflicts of Interest:’ Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations and e-posters will be made available on the Congress website.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
– Full first and family name(s)
– Email address
– Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
– Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Presentation preference: Oral or e-Poster
- Abstract title – Maximum 25 words. Use capital letters only for the first word, abbreviations, and names.
- Abstract text – limited to 300 words, including acknowledgements. Please note: word count is affected when tables are included.
- Type of abstract– You can select between Scientific, Educational or Experience abstract.
- Images– The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and objective
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission allows you to adapt the abstract until the deadline for abstract submission (7 January 2024).
- Click on ‘Confirm and submit’ at the end of the process to submit your abstract.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS' DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract, and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after the close of s submission (7 January 2024).
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g., Congress website, program, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to WoCoVA, nor the publication of any such Content by WoCoVA, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants WoCoVA the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in WoCoVA’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- WoCoVA reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I confirm to have received the consent of all authors for the processing of their contact details by WoCoVA.